Friday, December 11, 2009

THE OUTLIER

I believe that the concept of an outlier – someone whose abilities or success falls so outside the normal bell curve that he or she is considered to be an outlier has been connected to the 10,000 hour mark in a book with that title – whether or not this is true is difficult to say since using a few examples of both observed people as well as his own life experience is somewhat of a shaky use of any scientific evidence to call something proof – but Malcolm has done such and therefore the 10,000 hours example will be touted by many for decades perhaps eons to come – while my experience as an artist is so much different than that – the successes that I have had both in the commercial world as well as the artistic world and in every other world that I have functioned in has both been extremely of a different nature as well as perhaps totally contrary to what is being described –

The successes I experience come from a complete – what I call – relaxing into whatever it is that I am do – such that I am there for an infinitely long moment – and am not going anywhere else ever when I am in that particular infinitely long moment – and when – as far as I believe – anyone else begins even to ever so slightly understand what it is that I am now rambling on about – they will have cracked an even more unusual code for success than has ever been worked on and searched for and conjured up so far till this point in time –

This is something that I have known not just in the last few years or for a major part of a business or professional career – but something that I became profoundly aware of back in grammar school –12-11-2009ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR by Walter Paul Bebirian
12-11-2009ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR by Walter Paul Bebirian

No comments:

Post a Comment